Friday, November 29, 2013

#2. Sketchbook drawings of walkway

Here are more sketchbook drawings of the walkway outside the Gatewood building on campus. My goal for this certain practice was to have a focal point from one sketch to show up in the next sketch to follow whether it was a trash can or tree.

Number 1: 

Number 2: My teacher took this opportunity to show me how dark my lines should actually be, which is completely darker than I had ever expected but you have to draw that dark to make a bold line that stands out from at least a few feet away.

Number 3:

Number 4:

Number 5: While looking back as this sketch I notice everything wrong with my lines. The building looks abnormal and slanted rather than you can tell that I am drawing the building at an angle.

Number 6: This sketch was never finished but it was supposed to have the tree on the far right from the sketch above on the left side of the drawing (to continue the walkway affect).

The next 3 sketches I decided to draw the first 3 sketches again because I wanted to focus on my focal point which happens to be the 2 trash cans that are side by side. I also focused on the line direction and attempted to work on my line weight but that still takes a while for me to get better at but the saying is "practice makes perfect"

Number 1 again:

Number 2 again:

Number 3 again:

No comments:

Post a Comment